Okay, so it's a "can't sleep night" so I'm going to make a list. This will be a list of 10 of my all time favorite TV shows, past and present. Things I will probably watch whenever they show up. They are in no particular order...just as they come to mind.
1. The Brady Bunch--I have loved this show since I was a little kid, and I've seen all the episodes so many times I could probably recite them. My roommate from college and I used to try to draw a map of the Brady house....it can't be done! The house is fake...just a set....hope I didn't ruin that for you.
2. The X-Files--Dave and I started watching this from the very first episode and loved it until the end. Admittedly the last season was a little "off", but this was must-see TV for us. I used to tape them on the VCR (remember those!) and take them to work to watch on my lunch break. When I was pregnant with Haley, one of the girls who worked for me saw me watching in the back room...again...and said, "You are SOO into this show! If your baby is a boy, you'll probably name him "Fox Mosher"!" I told Dave this story and he really did want to name a boy Fox. Didn't happen.
3. 90210--I came into this one late, because I was a little old for it when it first came out. I loved "Saved by the Bell" reruns, and when Tiffani Amber Theissen joined the cast of 90210, I started watching. Then I had to watch those reruns to catch up on all the characters and the rest is history. But Kelly should have totally married Brandon....Dylan is a loser.
4. LOST--I'm glad this is still on, because I LOVE it! Although, I was really bummed when we saw the future-flash of Jack and Kate breaking apart....that is soooo NOT okay with me.
5. Desperate Housewives--The flash-forward this season is going to be such a trip...I hope it works. I don't totally love this show, but when it's good, it's so fun to watch.
6. Seinfeld--I also started watching this from the very beginning when it was in danger of being cancelled. Dave and I can inject a line from a Seinfeld episode into almost any conversation....and we do. These never get old or tired for us.
7. Prison Break--Now I'm not sure if this is really an all time top 10 item, but more like something I dig right now. So far I've been really into it, but I'm skeptical if they can keep this storyline going for a whole lot longer. It gets a little out there sometimes, but it still hooks me in.
8. Will & Grace--I actually stopped watching this show when they broke up Grace and Leo....apparently I get really hung up on the couplings of shows, huh? I was kind of done at that point, but the early episodes are so incredibly funny that I was a huge fan. I might have to go back and watch the seasons I bailed on.
9. Alias--This show totally rocked!! I'm a fan of JJ Abrams, so I'm going to try out The Fringe this season. I love Jennifer Garner, and love the way they ended this show so sweetly.
10. SpongeBob--I kind of had a hard time coming up with 10, and I probably forgot something, but I do love SpongeBob. How can you not? He really is so danged funny!
Tell me your list...doesn't have to be 10, I'd love to hear it.
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
The only shows on your list that I have ever watched is Brady Bunch, love BB I still to this day watch reruns. 90210 I have caught reruns here and there but am Liking the new 90210. And Desperate Housewifes. I haven't watched it since the first season though, so I am not truly a fan.
My list whould look more like:
Full House- Yep you should know this one. I always wanted to go see Stephanies house when in San Fran.
Really any of the TGIF shows like Family Matters, Charles in Charge, Who's the Boss, Step by Step, Boy Meets World, Hangin with Mr Cooper, Perfect Strangers, Home Improvement, I loved them all. You were probably to old for any of these though.
Some more recent ones would be. THe Hills, CSI: Miami, The O.C.
But I am a sucker for reality TV I follow more reality TV than any other shows. My list of ones I follow regularly is Real World, Jon and Kate Plus 8, Run's House, Hogan's/Brooke knows best, Rob and Big, Rock of Love, Shot at Love, The Bachlor/lette, I think you get the idea. There are so many GOOD TV shows on TV right now but I cant get into them like I can REality TV. Sad I know.
Anyway hope you were able to go right to sleep after this blog. And had some sweet dreams about Luke and Dylan. Ha Ha.
Okay, the Brady Bunch I am totally with you on. Loved that show! Seinfeld is another show that I really liked and have seen all the reruns. Will and Grace was really good, but like you I kind of quit watching after Grace broke up with Leo. Every now and again will see a rerun and will watch it. The rest I have heard off, but can't really say I have watched. I am a big American idol fan, much to Dennis' dismay, and I like the dancing with the stars ocasionally. Have liked According to Jim and Everybody loves Raymond and continue to watch the reruns occasionally. Other than that I like the game shows and 20/20, 48 Hours, Deal or no Deal, Are you Smarter than a 5th Grader, and Dennis and I kind of like Wipeout. Saturday nights we are usually watching Cops by default. Usually there isn't a whole lot on tv.
Old favorites are I love Lucy, Mork, Little House on the Prairie,
Seasame Street (You know when I watched that), Gilligans Island, etc. Those were some good tv!
Hope you were able to go to sleep after this. I know you have very busy days with the kids and seminary and all.
This is trippy, I'd say 8 out of your 10 are my favorites too! I'd minus your Brady Bunch and Sponge Bob and add Felicity and I'll get to you about the other one. Now you've got me thinking...
Oh, I know, the first season of 24, just the first season and it has to be on DVD.
Good list but mine are as follows.
24- all over it. Brady bunch maybe. Seinfeld for sure. I like all the deadliest catch Ice Road Truckers, etc. Everybody Loves Raymond is one of my top, King of Queens, and I hate saying the next but Desperate Housewives. Mainly because Eva is on it. Oh YA
Dear Karen,
I miss you. Come back to the blogging world.
Love Beth
Post a Comment