
Yes, our little boy is now 8 years old! He got a cool bike for his birthday, an Indiana Jones themed birthday party with his friends, and a night at the Giants game on his birthday itself. Jason is a HUGE baseball fan and this was a highlight for him.

And because it was his 8th birthday, we also had a baptism the following weekend. It was nice to have family around as well, especially since our family is kind of on the small side. Nana Betty was there, Nana Steph and Papa Ken, Uncle Dennis and Aunt Joleen, and even cousins! Erik, Lisa, Dylan, Brock and Kaden were there as well, and we had such a good time. At the baptism itself, I became an emotional wreck as I watched Jason get baptized by his daddy, and then confirmed. I'm usually not much of a crier, but I have become the "family crier" at these types of events. Apparently,someone had to fill my dad's shoes, because this was usually his specialty.

The tears came for a couple of reasons....first of all, I seem to have a keen sense when we have our departed family members in attendance at these types of things. I VERY strongly felt my father there, as well as both of Jason's uncles, my brother Bobby and Dave's brother Bobby. I know that nothing in heaven or on earth would keep my father from an event like this, and he was definitely there. The second reason I turned into a human faucet was during Jason's confirmation. When I looked up and saw all those good men standing around my son, I was so moved and so very grateful for the wonderful men in his life. He has an amazing father, and extraordinary grandfathers who love him and are excellent models of manhood that he can emulate. Jason has his uncle and his cousins who are also exceptional men, and men who can give him glimpses of my father. The other men there were worthy priesthood holders who are not just good men, but great men who can serve as examples for Jason. It truly does take a village to raise a child, and I am so grateful for all the wonderful influences in my children's lives.

2 comments:
Congrats Jason!! I am sad we couldn't be there. I cant believe Jason is eight still. Crazy!! Look like you all had a good time together. We were talking about planning a trip down there with everyone to go hit some A's games and to visit. Hopefully everyone can get some time off so we can come down.
Karen, you are my favorite aunt you know that. always will be. I think the a's beth are so bad right now they would pay us ti drive to cali to see them. may have to go then. see you all soon. keep posting karen.
Post a Comment